I am an assistant professor in the VLSI group of the department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. I received the Bachelor's degree in electronics and communication engineering from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, India, in 1999 and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA, in 2012. My Ph.D work, under the guidance of Prof. Pavan Kumar Hanumolu, was focused on developing integrated circuits for high performance switching DC-DC converters. From 2012 to 2015, I worked as a Staff Engineer, Power Management Systems with Qualcomm, San Diego and from 2015 to 2016 with Qualcomm, Bangalore where I was involved in defining system and architecture of various power modules for snapdragon chipsets catering to different smartphone markets. From 1999 to 2005, I worked with Motorola and Freescale Semiconductor, India, where my main responsibilites were designing mixed-signal circuits for baseband and network processors and full-chip integrated solutions for high-voltage motor drives. I hold 16 U.S. patents and 20 IEEE publications in the area of analog, mixed-signal and power management ICs. My research interests involve high-performance switching dc-dc converters and power management ICs for portable electronics and energy harvesting.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Sept 2007 - May 2012) from Oregon State University. GPA: 3.79 Major Advisor: Pavan Kumar Hanumolu Thesis Title: Digitally Assisted Control Techniques for High Performance Switching DC-DC Converters
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering (July 1995 - June 1999) from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi with percentile of 89.23.
- July 2016 – Present Dept. of EE, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (Asst. Professor)
- May 2016 – July 2016 Dept. of EE, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (Visiting Asst. Professor)
- Sept 2008-May 2012 Dept. of EECS, Oregon State University (Graduate Research Assistant)
- Sept 2007-June 2008 Dept. of EECS, Oregon State University (Graduate Teaching Assistant)