I am G. Saravana Kumar, Professor at Department of Engineering Design, IIT Madras. I teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas of functional and conceptual design, design for manufacturing and assembly, computer aided design, optimization and rapid product development.
As a scholar, my research aims at development of representational and computational tools for virtual and physical prototyping applied to arrive at solutions to design problems. Some of the specific research areas include CAD, Design Optimization, Design for Additive Manufacturing, Orthopedic Bio-mechanics and Biomedical Image Processing.
I closely work with Industry in the above areas to deliver practical solutions.
- Professor, Department of Engineering Design, IIT Madras
Mar 2019 - Current
- Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Design, IIT MadrasJul 2013 - Feb 2019
- Assistant Professor, Department of Engineering Design, IIT Madras
Dec 2008 - Jun 2013
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati
Dec 2004 - Nov 2008
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
1999 - 2004
PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- National Institute of Technology Trichy
1997 - 1998
Master of Engineering with specialization in Welding Engineering
- University of Madras
1993 - 1997
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering