Dr. V. Raghavan received his PhD from I.I.T. Madras in 2004. He worked as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and Research Assistant Professor at University of Nebraska-Lincoln for around three years from Oct 2004 to June 2007 before joining IIT Madras.
His research interest includes droplet evaporation and combustion, laminar flames and CFD applied to combustion. He works on transient two-phase numerical modeling of isolated droplet vaporization and combustion, detailed chemical kinetics studies on homogeneous and heterogeneous flames and simulations of non-reactive and reactive particle laden flows.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 2004, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Masters of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering, 1995, Madras Institute of Technology, Madras, India.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, 1993, Institute of road and transport technology, India.
- March 2018 - Till Date : Professor , Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- July 2012 - March 2018 : Associate Professor , Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- June 2008 - July 2012 : Assistant Professor , Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- June 2007 - June 2008 : Assistant Professor (On contract) , Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- March 2006 - June 2007 : Research Assistant Professor , University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA.
- October 2004 - March 2006 : Post-doctoral research associate , University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA.
- January 2004 - September 2004 : IT Analyst- CFD Engineer (post-PhD) , TATA Consultancy Services, Bangalore, India.
- January 2001 - December 2003 : Project Officer (during PhD) , CFEAD Lab, IIT Madras, India.
- December 1995 - December 2000 : Principal Engineer (pre-PhD) , Techno Device Madras, India.