Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India *Obtained Ph.D. directly after Bachelors.
Area of Interest
- Numerical modeling/computational hydrodynamics.
- Meshfree methods.
- Violent wave-current-structure interactions.
- Experimental wave generation and extreme wave interactions.
- Young Faculty Recognition Award, YFRA 2018, IIT Madras.
- RJ Garde Research award, Indian Society for Hydraulics.
- DST- INSPIRE Faculty award. 2014.
- Recipient of the Prestigious Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship for the year 2011-2013 to carry out the research at University of Hannover, Germany.
- Recipient of the UK’s prestigious Newton International Fellowship for the year 2009 to carry out the research at City University, London (Value : 168,000 GBP).
- Recipient of the DAAD short term Fellowship for the year 2006-2007 to carry out research at University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal, Germany.
- Won the Instituteaward for the best CFD work at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras for the year 2007.
- Won the Best paper award in 15th APD-IAHR held at Chennai, India for the paper entitled ‘Simulation of nonlinear free surface waves’ coauthored with Dr.S.A.Sannasiraj and Prof.V.Sundar.
- Won the “Civil Division GOLD MEDAL in 33rd ALL INDIA DESIGN COMPETITION” conducted by National Design and Research Forum (NDRF), Institute of Engineers, India.
- Awarded as “Best in Innovative Steel Structural Design for the Year 2001 –2002” by Institute for Steel Development and Growth (INSDAG), Calcutta.