Department of Applied Mechanics Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Nonlinear dynamics, Stochastic nonlinear dynamics
- Stochastic modelling & Uncertainty quantification
- Structural reliability & Life prediction
- System identification & Structural health monitoring
- Fluid Structure interaction problems
- Energy harvesting from dynamical systems
On-going Sponsored Research Projects
- DNV GL Energy, India. (PI: Sunetra Sarkar, CI: Sayan Gupta)
- Bladeless smart wind energy harvesters. Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. INR 31,60,000. (PI: Sayan Gupta, CI: Sunetra Sarkar, Shaikh Faruqe Ali). 2018-2020.
- Modeling and analysis of mistuned rotor blade systems. Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Govt of India. INR 86, 29,000. (PI: Shaikh Faruqe Ali, CI: Sayan Gupta, A Arockiarajan). 2017-2020.
Completed Sponsored Projects
- Stochastic modelling of buffeting in fin structures. Aeronatutical Development Agency,Govt of India. INR 28,36,000. (PI: Sunetra Sarkar, CI: Sayan Gupta). 2018-2019.
- Extreme value distributions for stochastic loads modelled as LMA processes. Naval Research Board, Govt of India. INR 11,41,000. (PI: Sayan Gupta). 2014-2016.
- Development of structural health monitoring schemes for Indian civil engineering infrastructure using smart sensing technologues. National Program on Micro and Smart Systems. INR 231,52,000. (PI: A Meher Prasad, CI: V Kamakoti, Sayan Gupta, U Saravanan), 2010-2012..
- Probabilistic residual life assessment of high temperature piping in nuclear power plants against creep fatigue damage. Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, Govt of India. INR 10,78,800. (PI: Sayan Gupta), 2009-2011.
- Probabilistic safety assessment of ageing nonlinear dynamical systems subjected to random excitations. IIT Madras. INR 5,00,000. 2007-2009.