Krishna Jagannathan obtained his B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering from IIT Madras in 2004, and the S.M. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2006 and 2010 respectively. During 2010-2011, he was a visiting post-doctoral scholar in Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Caltech, and an off-campus post-doctoral fellow at MIT. Since November 2011, he has been with the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras, where he is currently an associate professor. He worked as a consultant at the Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ in 2005, and as an engineering intern at Qualcomm, Campbell, CA in 2007. His research interests lie in the stochastic modeling and analysis of communication networks, transportation networks, network control, and queuing theory.
- Best Paper Award, WiOpt 2013, Tsukuba, Japan, for this paper.
- Young Faculty Recognition Award for excellence in teaching and research, IIT Madras 2014.
Other Professional Activities
- Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
- Editor, Performance Evaluation
- Member of the Steering Committee, WiOpt series of conferences.
- TPC co-chair, SPCOM 2020
- Local Arrangements Chiar, MobiHoc 2017, IIT Madras
- Workshop co-chair (with Gaurav Raina), Intelligent Transportation Systems Workshop, Bangalore, January 2016.
- TPC co-chair, WiOpt 2015 (Mumbai), with Francois Baccelli (UT Austin) and Atilla Eryilmaz (Ohio State University)
- Workshop co-chair (with Gaurav Raina), Intelligent Transportation Systems Workshop, Bangalore, January 2015.
- Technical program committees (TPC) of international conferences: IFIP Performance 2011 (Amsterdam), MOBIHOC 2012 (SC, USA), COMSNETS 2013, 2014, 2015 (Bangalore), WiOpt 2013 (Tsukuba, Japan), ICC 2014 (Sydney, Australia), ICC 2015 (London, UK), WiOpt 2014 (Tunisia), NCC 2014 (Kanpur, India), SPCOM 2014 (Bangalore), NCC 2015 (Mumbai), Mobihoc 2015 (Hangzhou, China), Mobihoc 2016 (Paderborn, Germany), NCC 2016 (Guwahati)
- Workshop Chair for MobiHoc 2013 (Bangalore), along with Aditya Gopalan.
- Publications chair for WiOpt 2014 (Tunisia)
- Routinely review for several IEEE journals such as Transactions on Networking, Information Theory, Wireless Communications, Automatic Control, Wireless communication letters, signal processing letters, etc.
- IEEE Member, ACM Member
Making an effective technical presentation: slides. (Contains some borrowed ideas from Dimitri Bertsekas, Benam Aazhang, Uday Khankhoje…)