Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) (2011)
B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Maharashtra Institute of Technology (University of Pune) (2001)
Associate Professor (October 2019 - till date), Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Madras
Assistant Professor (May 2014 - September 2019), Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Madras
Postdoctoral Fellow (April 2012 - March 2014), University of Liège, Belgium (ULg)
Postdoctoral associate (April 2011 - March 2012), Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology, Singapore (SMART)
Research Engineer (August 2010 - April 2011), SMART
Graduate student (January 2007 - August 2010), NTU
- Continuum damage mechanics, elasticity, continuum mechanics, large deformation of materials, fracture mechanics, and plasticity
- Multi-physics and multi-scale modelling of materials, micro-macro transition
- Finite Element Analysis, Meshless methods.
Current research fields:
- Constitutive modelling and the fracture studies of textile composites.
- Multi-scale modelling of granular materials.
- Multi-physics modelling of soft materials.
- Computation of the macroscopic material constants based on the prescribed motion of the solid.
- Fusion of soil mechanics with the continuum mechanics.
Current specific research opportunities
- Viscoelastic material modelling
- Multi-scale modelling of granular and polymeric materials
- Mathematical modelling of soft materials
- Fracture mechanics of textile composites (damage and failure modes)
- Modelling and simulation of textile composites
Funded research projects:
- Studies on improved low temperature strain capability in advanced energetic solid propellants, HEMRL, 2017-2020.
- Development of the coupled field theory for the large deformation of hydrogels with focus on the fusion of electromagnetics with mechanics and thermodynamics, SERB (DST), 2016-2019.
- Development of the multiscale modelling framework for the fracture studies of textile composites, ISRO (VSSC), 2015-2018.
- Multi-scale modelling of granular materials, ICSR, IITM, 2014-2016.