- Ph.D. (Sociology of Science & Technology) from IIT Kanpur – 1990
- M.Phil. from University of Madras – 1982
- M.A. from University of Madras – 1980
- B.A. (Sociology) from University of Madras – 1978
Courses and Teaching Interests:
- Introduction to Sociology: UG level
- Contemporary India: Sociological Perspectives: UG level
Other Courses Taught:
- Technology and Development: UG level
- History of Science and Technology: UG level
- Contemporary Issues in Development: PG level
- Social Psychology: UG level
- Development Perspectives: UG level
- Sociology of Science & Technology, Sociology of Development, Built Environment and Society
Area of Doctoral Research:
- Sociology of Science & Technology
Area of Post Doctoral Research:
- Women in Science & Technology (Gender Studies)
- India – China Bilateral Cultural Exchange Programme (1992–93)
- Development of a Language Technology Tool to Aid Research in the Sociology of Environment funded by NASSDOC – ICSSR.
- Technical Consultancy for OXFAM supported Tsunami Rehabilitation Projects, OXFAM GB.
- National Competitiveness in the Knowledge Economy , funded by department of Information Technology, Govt. of India.
- Development of Economical & Easy to Use Water Quality test kits for Rural areas and Training the Trainers, funded by Alumni IIT Madras.
- International Sociology Association
- Gender & Science & Technology Association
- Third World Organisation for Women and Science
- Indian Sociological Society